Learn how to use the Viewing Rooms with VHS video cassette players at Vanier, including connecting the built-in computer, your laptop, the VHS player, and turning off the system.
- Power on the computer and monitor
- On the Crestron Control Center, press PC (Green light next to button should appear)
- Connect the cables (VGA, audio, ethernet) provided on desk
- Power on your laptop
- Press PC on the Crestron Control Center (Green light next to button should appear)
- If you do not see an image, you may need to activate the external display on your laptop. Hold down the Function (Fn) key, while pressing the specific key on your laptop (usually a picture of two monitors side-by-side, often F5).
- Insert your VHS tape into the player
- On the Crestron Control Center, press VIDEO (Green light next to button should appear)
- Control audio level with knob, and video using VHS player buttons
- On the Crestron Control Center, press and hold the button (PC if using PC/Laptop, VIDEO if using VHS) for 5 seconds.
- The green light should blink, then turn off.
- When the light is off, release the button
- The system should shut off.
For assistance, or if the system doesn’t shut off, call 7969 or 7673 during the day, 7531 after 6PM.